Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Books completed - The Alchemist by Roberto Coelho. A quickie read long past due back to my friend Sameera. Largely symbolic, I'm pretty sure I liked it, but I think I need to read it again and/or ponder it some more before I really decide.

Books started - The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger (soon to be a major motion picture!). A pallate cleanser, on loan from Mom, C finally motivated me to read it so we can go see the movie together. Enjoyable so far, though already I'm being stodgy and judgemental about the main character (seriously? who is surprised by the tinyness of NYC apartments and fails to measure the size of a room before ordering way too many pieces of furniture?).

See how much I can get done while avoiding putting the finishing touches on this paper? I really only need to buckle down for a few more hours and the damn thing will be complete, yet am totally incapable of doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home