Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Friday, May 05, 2006

It's time to start teaching again. I recently applied for a job coaching gymnastics one or two days a week for part of the summer, and I realized that while working out this afternoon I was thinking how nice it would be to get my excercise running after little kids and acting like a big dork entertaining them and tossing them around. Then I caught myself composing the introductory lecture to a class...and last week I was hatching a plan to make students give short presentations, as the antidote to the unacceptably long student presentation I was suffering through (33 slides and 17 minutes for what was supposed to be a five minute presentation!). I'm glad to see last semester's burnout and bitterness was temporary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home