Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Good News!

I just brought Cleo home! She's fine! (well, ok, mostly fine. turns out an abscessed tooth was the cause of all the drama. they finally sedated her and got a really good look in her mouth and found it)

As much as I try to stay away from terms like 'fur baby' and referring to me as her mother, when we got home tonight I was thinking, in a lot of ways, she is like my kid. She's definitely family. And I was so happy and relieved that she's ok, all I wanted to do when we got home was sit and look at her. I mean, there are days when she's all I've got. And I don't mean that in a sad or lonely (or crazy catlady) sort of way. Just that she was with me in Cleveland and Charleston and now Atlanta. She's been my little trooper, moving around with me, being a constant when everything else in my life was changing. She's mine, in a really deep and important way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home