Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, August 14, 2006

In Celebration of 'Chick Flicks'

Quite unintentionally, I ended up with several 'chick flicks' in a row in my netflix queue. So over the past few weeks I've indulged in the five hour British miniseries of Pride and Prejudice (resulting in me finally understanding everyone else's crush on Colin Firth; I know, I know, I'm late to the bandwagon, but welcome me anyway!), then a ladies evening out to see the newer version (serviceable, with a very dreamy Mr. Darcy, albeit a very different one from that portrayed by Firth), then tonight was Casanova (overall a bit eh, though Heath Ledger is always enjoyable (if they ever put Roar out on dvd I swear I'll rent that too!) and Oliver Platt and Jeremy Irons provided some of the best moments ("We're the Catholic Church! We can do anything we want!"), and probably sometime later this week Tristan + Isolde (though already it annoys me with the '+' instead of 'and' lame!). After that I veer off in the other direction with Murderball. You've got to love quadriplegic-full-contact rugby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home