Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, January 22, 2007

And now for something a little different

I'm not ignoring the two links two lovely gentlemen sent me regarding organ ownership and teen-pregnancy respectively, and I'm only slightly avoiding my pages of notes from day two of the NAPW conference. But I have surfaced from head-cold-hell just enough to get back to my other daily grind (classes start this week) and so instead of an actual post I direct you to Barbara Ehrenreich's latest post about minimum wage. The entire thing is certainly worth a read, but here's the punchline:

There is no moral justification for a minimum wage lower than a living wage. And given the experience of the 29 states that have raised their minimum wages, there isn’t even an amoral economic justification either.


(the U.S. Senate is considering a bill to increase the minimum wage right now!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home