Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

In between snoozes this morning I dreamed that my advisor was prioritizing my dissertation to do list, and I kept hitting the snooze to go back to the dream as if this was really critical information that I needed to eek out of my subconscious. What's weird is that as a stress dream it doesn't really make sense. My advisor is pretty great about regularly organizing what we/I have left to do and helping me to figure out in what order things need to happen and setting reasonable deadlines and whatnot. She's pretty much everything an advisor is supposed to be, and I don't have a lot of negative emotion of stressed tied up in her.

The best I can figure is that this roommate thing (a topic for a whole 'nother post, since I can't seem to make up my mind) got me to thinking about next summer's schedule, and now I'm preemptively stressing out about that. You see, the grand plan is to graduate next year. Which right now is quite doable. Somewhat less doable for a spring graduation date, but quite reasonable for an August goal. But the whole thing is squishy, given the nature of a dissertation and endless possible last minute delays. So I realized that I currently have a 12 month lease that ends in July. Ok, so extending that to a 13 month lease shouldn't be too much of a problem, but that sort of screws my landlady since that means this place couldn't go on the market until probably october at the earliest, and who's looking to rent an apt in october? Plus, what if it turns out that I need another month, but I don't figure that out until mid-summer? And, what if my roommate wants to move out, or wants someone new to move in, and I'm stuck in housing limbo over the summer while I'm simultaneously trying to defend my dissertation and find a job? Blah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home