Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Rhythm.

This is probably one of those tipsy postings that I'll regret in the morning. But for now, it is what it is. Tonight was ladies' night, and we hit Sutra lounge in midtown. And I know I've been missing dancing, been missing Ken's choreography that somehow managed to make me feel simultaneously athletic and graceful. I had forgotten what that felt like - to give yourself up to music, to really, truly let go. There's no way to say this without sounding flaky, but there's a reason why I like to turn music up so loud I can feel the vibrations - it's in me. It's in my bones and nerve endings and basest being. And I surrendered to that for entire minutes at a time tonight and fuck if that doesn't feel grand. It helped to have a partner who I could trust to find the rhythm. To stop worrying about looking cute or hot and just flail and relax and move the way my body demanded and sweat and sway and not think, not even for a second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home