Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chocolate!

I am so ridiculously glad that I went to The Chocolate Bar tonight. It's been on my radar for a while; I first read about it somewhere unmemorable, and then that faint idea was reinforced by a very positive review from Wordsmiths (of all places, since that blog belongs to a bookstore; where, by the way, Christopher Moore will be appearing in September! yay!) and so I suggested it for after dinner drinks and dessert tonight. And I've never been gladder. I've sworn to make it my regular bar, where they always know my name, and prepare my drink (the best damn mojito I've ever had, seriously) without asking. Of course, I can't really afford that. But I will be back. Oh yes. And you should go too. Make friends with Patrick, the bartender. Sit at the bar and as the night gets closer and closer to closing time, and Patrick gets sloppier in his measurements, he'll doll out all the extras to you for free!

Also, Brett has these words of wisdom to offer, "There are two kinds of people who wear bow ties. Tucker Carlson and Malcolm X."

3 Comments:

Blogger Lydia said...

Oh, we love the Chocolate Bar. It's become our standard place to end babysitter nights. Glad you went and like it.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

Well, be nice to your bartender and don't order mojitos too often. It's on the list of top ten most annoying drinks for a bartender to prepare!

Bsxt,
S.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Russ said...

So so so glad you loved the chocolate bar. always makes a bad day better.:)

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home