Crazy or terrorist? You decide!
So I'm back, safe and sound, from my trip to DC, but the flight back was terrifying. Now, I should confess here that I'm a bit of a nervous flyer as it is, but I'm really not afraid of terrorists. (rather, I'm afraid of things like airplane maintenance conducted in China and overworked air traffic controllers) Well, ok, I'm certain that were I confronted with one I would be afraid, but I'm not afraid of the abstract idea...or am I? Perhaps Bush and company have done a better job of brainwashing me than I thought. Here are the things that the gentleman in the seat behind me said that freaked me out:
- Yahweh is with me.
- 3-7-13. What's that make? 23. Just give me 23 seconds, just 23 seconds. (over and over again)
- most of the people on this flight are going to hell
- this plane will only take 26 seconds to land (in response to his seatmate's question about making connecting flights)
- at 3:43, just wait 'til 3:43 (over and over again)
- several mentions of his time spent in Cairo
- he talked about his new name (Amine, or something along those lines) and how he'd decided to choose this new name because it was the real him
- references to the brotherhood and the tribe of 12
- America has two flags (and asked his seatmate which was his flag, and something that sounded like one of the flags was for mud or something along those lines)
- kept asking his seatmate about his religion