Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, February 02, 2009

Feminists - Infiltrating your pre-schools and indoctrinating your kids!

3-year old in my gymnastics class: I get a new movie today!
Me: You do? Why do you get a new movie today?
3yo: Because they make special movies for girls!
Me: Special movies for girls?
3yo: Yeah - movies for girls have princesses in them.
Me: So...does that mean there are also special movies for boys?
3yo: Yeah - movies for boys are about pirates.
Me: But what if I want to watch a movie about pirates?
3yo: Huh?
Me: Well, I'm a girl, right?
3yo: Yeah.
Me: So would I be allowed to watch a movie about pirates?
3yo: Yeah, I guess that would be ok.
Me: Ok then.

(later during class when we flapped our wings and flew away to Disneyworld* we visited the princesses and the pirates)
*hey, I can't challenge the patriarchy and capitalism all in one class!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! Whenever I talk to 3 and 4 year-old girls about princesses, I make them scientists and mathematicians, and I make the men nurses.
-A

9:12 PM  
Blogger Cor said...

Oh Megan, I am so glad you're going to be around to be an influence on L. :)

3:54 AM  
Blogger reyn said...

I make ALL kids scientists and mathematicians. Specifically, scientists and mathematicians who question their parents mercilessly about everything. My legacy is being able to boggle people's minds for days after I leave by working through my minions.

ahhh, tiny minions...

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a riot.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home