Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, November 16, 2003

Non-Political Post

Yesterday was a great day. Spent most of it with Sanna, and I am so glad she decided we should be friends. In addition to the fact that I think she's a totally cool girl, I like myself better when I hang out with her. Ok, that sounds conceited. What I mean is, she encourages me to make decisions that I (thus far) am always glad I made. From small stuff, like buying a really beautiful pair of earrings or dancing with a guy at a club, to more general things like trying to be more courageous. Yesterday we had burgers at The Vortex (I really want a copy of the etiquette section of their menu - "Do not whistle or snap your fingers at your bartender unless he or she happens to be a cocker spaniel") then spent the afternoon wandering around Little Five Points (bigger and cooler than Coventry, less hip than SoHo). In the evening we met up with Reese and drove to Athens to hear Badly Drawn Boy at the 40 Watt club. Which was incredibly awesome. Wow, I love BDB. And mostly hate UGA students. At least the ones at the club. Most of them showed up after their football game and were loud and obnoxious and would not shut up. Damon even kept making fun of them from stage. Seriously, why would you pay for a ticketed event if you had no intention of listening to the band? Anyway. Yeah, Sanna's cool. She's a chem major with this totally artistic side (kind of like how I pretend to have this literary side). Back at Skidmore she designed clothes and put on totally cool fashion-show-as-art sorts of things. I hope someday I can introduce her to the Chicago kids. A collaborative project between her and Christine and Ken would probably blow my mind. And tonight, after we both finish the hours and hours of work we've been putting off, we're making brownies. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home