Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

So I keep forgetting to mention the two books that I read over break - "Angels and Demons" and "The DaVinci Code" both by Dan Brown. Ok, so it's cliche these days to be reading the DaVinci code, since everyone is all in love with it all of a sudden, but oh well. Brown writes in a very mainstream, lie on the beach and breeze through this little novel sort of style, which is ok by me and in no way detracts from the intensely satisfying intelligence of his books. Whatever your kinks - math, religion, physics, philosophy, art history, conspiracy theories, secret societies...these books have a bit of everything. Since I'm a big nerd, I loved the math-ness of it all and desperately want to go back to Rome to appreciate the inherent symmetry of the city that Brown points out in "Angels and Demons." Also, his books are incredibly well researched and made me want to sit in a library for hours and learn all about the Knights Templar and Masons and the history of Catholicism before Constantine. So go run out and read 'em, it'll only take you a couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home