Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Saturday, January 10, 2004

Went to see Cats tonight with Sanna et al, and although Cats isn't really my personal musical theatre cup of tea, Sanna's best friend's older brother was in the cast, so we went out for drinks after, then got invited back to the swank hotel for the cast party and it was really lovely and amazing. Made me miss all the theater folk back in cleveland (or chicago or brooklyn or moscow or to where ever they've currently scattered). Most of my best, closest, most intense friendships are thanks to theater, so even though a lot of melodrama frequently accompanies the theater crowd, hanging out tonight really felt like being home. Cool as the people here are, I miss the open-mindedness and experimental-ness that, in my limited experience, goes hand in hand with the theater crowd. Anyway, those are my sleepy, tipsy musings for the evening. Love you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home