Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, February 21, 2005

PS

So I got a lame voicemail from the boy this evening (he still has my SIGNED copy of Salman Rushdie's "Step Across This Line" so I made the mental note that if I hadn't heard from him in a month I should call and get my book back, so I left him voicemail on Friday)...anyway, right, he leaves this lame voicemail saying sorry he's been so busy and he's bad about calling people and just kept hoping that I would call him and blah blah blah. Wanker. Anyway. Because I'm not completely the "bigger person" I played this message for a few of my friends, to which Andy replied with a really sweet metaphor involving an episode of the Simpsons and The Suplicants. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my friends?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the onus to call rests with whoever is horniest?

Steve

10:57 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

No, the onus to call rested with him after he didn't call for a month, I called him, we went out to dinner, he said he'd call, and he didn't, for another month. It was definitely "his turn" to put forth the effort, which he clearly would have if he had actually been interested. Which is fine. It's just another one of those annoying things - rather than admit a lack of interest people have a tendency to simply be misleading or absent, thinking that somehow causes fewer hurt feelings. I'd rather someone just be honest.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'salright Meg. You don't need a boy. You only need a copy of World of Warcraft and a happy little cocoon. It's doing me a world of good.

(s)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

You're right S, thanks!

Also, latest update - I called him back tonight and he repeats the bit about waiting for me to call and acts all concerned about how busy I am and asks if I'm ok and repeats his desire to still hang out sometime. Now either a) he really is a jerk and this is just his little song and dance, in which case, hey, whatever. Or b) he genuinely is this weird and awkward about interacting with the opposite sex (a real possibility; those who know me know I have an eye for the weird and awkward; despite my terrible judge of character, I can spot this trait). Anyway, if that's the case, still, I don't want to deal with him, but for pete's sake! He's 26 (-ish, I forget exactly), shouldn't one of his friends have clued him in by now?

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home