Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

On Being a Homebody

Listening to Jeff on the phone last night, I could hear in his voice that same dopey grin that used to spread across my face right around Marietta, when I would finally start driving through some honest-to-goodness mountains again. And I got really jealous. It will be a little over a month before I get to experience the joy of driving home again. And that will be my first time in WV since Thanksgiving. Too damn long. I miss home desperately, pretty much all the time, but different aspects of it depending on what's happening at the moment. Last night, of course, I missed driving around windy, 1.5 lane roads at 80 mph. Today, walking a new path in Lullwater, I came across a patch of honeysuckle. And I just missed everything about being outside in WV. During a particularly stressful moment a few weeks ago, an audi drove past me, and suddenly I needed my mom. (that's not as superficial as it sounds - cars have always been mentally linked to my mom and her side of the family, given her love and possessiveness of them) I don't know what I'm going to do when Dad finally retires and they move somewhere else...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home