Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Fan Girl

Once upon a time, I was obsessed with Kevin Smith. I even shelled out extra bucks to get a signed copy of the Mallrats dvd, with every intention (at the time) to collect the whole set. An entire day spent watching a marathon of his movies ...or at least indulging in the Mallrats drinking game...still sounds pretty appealing. So in full procrastination mode this evening I happened to wander over to the Askewniverse where I discovered that Smith has been blogging, and rather poignantly, about his history with Jason Mewes, and Mewes's history with drugs (the story starts here). It's long, and probably only interesting to hardcore fans (or grad students desperately avoiding work) but it's sweet, and I've always been a sucker for close male friendships...and I plan to steal this rule of thumb: "Don’t fuck the vapid, dammit!”

In other news, I rock! Or, more accurately, the training effect rocks. I made it up the slight but excruciatingly steady incline that is the last leg of my bike home in a higher gear than ever before. Perhaps this will be a nice start to counteracting the steady diet of pizza and chocolate I've been indulging for the past several days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home