Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I've had The Paper Chase in my netflix queue pretty much forever, on the recommendation of my parents. But I'm afraid I've missed my window (see academia rant below). Dad says he remembers really liking it once upon a time, but that since his own graduate school experiences, he doesn't think he could sit through it without having a vicarious panic attack. Has anyone seen it? What's the verdict, is law school different enough that I can get some distance from the story and still enjoy it, or will it all be a little too close to home?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

I, too, watched the Paper Chase on my father's recommendation. I actually think I watched it with him, which makes it something of a cinematic rarity. I wouldn't worry about it hitting too close to home, unless you're at a super-hard-core conservative graduate school like the Univ. of Chicago or something. The story's a little dated, a la Kramer v. Kramer, but its entertaining enough for Netflicks.

~Sid

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home