Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sleeeeeep Deprived

I don't know what genius (read: me) thought it would be reasonable to have dinner with JP last Tuesday (two bottles of wine), dinner with a classmate on Wednesday followed up by cheap birthday beer with the roommate, kickball happy hour on Thursday, Wordsmiths fundraiser followed by bar hopping on Friday, then another wine-drenched dinner with JP last night. All while staying up until 2 or 3 am every night because I'm a sucker for 'Olympic glory.' I'm not complaining - the socializing has been more than lovely. But I think sometime around yesterday or today my brain stopped functioning properly. Which is a real problem considering that I have 9am meetings every day this week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting Freakonomics blog post about the relative tiny-ness of the US and the Chinese women's gymnasts.

Punch line is that while both groups are tiny compared to their own country's age-height-weight percentiles, the Chinese gymnasts are more tiny.

Steve

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home