Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

So I knew that I was drawing the short straw by being the last roommate to move out, but I didn't realize just how short until this morning, when I had my head and shoulders inside our refrigerator, attempting to remove whatever that was that had congealed on the bottom shelf. To my former roommies - I love you, but for just a few moments this morning, I loved you a little less. A suggestion to others - try to think of the grossest cleaning job associated with moving out, and then do it together. Think of it as a bonding experience! Otherwise, things are moving along pretty well. Managed to get rid of nearly all the left over furniture (thanks to Rebecca!) and got Dave to help me carry the last remaining chair to the curb. Nearly all of my things are finally in boxes, though I fear too many to fit in my car. I guess Friday morning will tell whether I'm making another trip to the post office. Work stuff is all right too, just a hand full more simulations to run tonight and two meetings tomorrow. I went out on a little date with myself last night; dinner at the bronte bistro in shaker square and then went to see The Italian Job. The entire evening was most enjoyable, and it was nice to remember how much I like my own company from time to time. Well, that's all my news for now. Better head back to the apt. to attempt to talk the cat into spending the night inside, since this morning it sounded a little like she was developing kitty-bronchitis again. Poor thing. I think she might actually be happier than I when we're both finally settled somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home