Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mother Jones reports that 2 in 5 Americans "feel strongly" that one of the hardest aspects of solo travel would be dining alone. Having been there done that, I say, never fear! Pack a magazine (easier to read/skim while eating) and head out to pubs where there will be plenty of people watching to keep your mind off your 'missing' dining companion. Frankly, I suggest taking yourself out on dates from time to time. I know it sounds like some awful Dr. Phil-ism, but it is nice to remember just how nice your own company can be. And honestly, I rarely get weird/pitying looks from wait staff. (also, I think the hardest thing about traveling these days is getting off the plane with no one to greet you)

1 Comments:

Blogger blithering moron said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home