Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Friday, August 22, 2008

Feeling a little professional love

I just wanted to gloat a bit about how happy it makes me that I'm in the sort of field where knowledge of Neal Stephenson actually gets me a useful professional connection, an e-mail requesting a letter of rec is replied to with a ps-recommendation to read Alan Moore's The Watchmen because it's 'one of the great graphic novels of our time,' and I can send a link to one of my profs about the McCain camp's insult to geeks and he replies 'Ouch! No invisibility cloak there!' I can only hope that my professional life continues to be as peppered with friendly geeks as my student life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

I'm going to totally 2nd that praise of 'The Watchmen'. And who's a better source of comic book knowledge than me? (and, err, kate)

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home