Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Clearly, stress + period = bad. Fortunately, I have friends like Travers who not only reply to, hey, I'm grumpy, with, why don't you come over? but also have warm chocolate chip cookies ready to cheer me up. So last night turned out ok, but homework still sucks ass this weekend. Must repeat mantra - just have to get through this semester...just have to get through this semester...

Also, just had really good conversation with the parents. It makes such a difference that we've now reached a point where I can complain about how hard school is and they sympathize rather than lecture. I even mentioned turning down the Carter Center job to Dad and he replied that while he was sorry I had to do that he was glad that I did because he's been really worried lately that I've been over-extending myself. The "burning the candle at both ends" lecture is the most common one between Dad and I, so the fact that he has been concerned and yet held his tongue really means a lot to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"warm chocolate chip cookies ready to cheer me up"

I've always been fond of horrible jokes for this purpose. Much less work than baking, in my opinion. For example...

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar.

1st hydrogen atom: Fuck. Fuck, fuck, FUCK.
2nd hydrogen atom: What's wrong?
1st hydrogen atom: Oh, I think I lost one of my electrons!
2nd hydrogen atom: Are you sure?
1st hydrogen atom: Yeah, I'm *positive*.

Heehee... that one cracks me up. Almost as much as,

Did you hear the one about the dyslexic rabbi? Yup, he went around all day going 'Yo, yo'.

Thank you, I be here all week.

(S)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home