Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, December 26, 2005

Home and Such

in general, has been awesome (ok, so I had some trouble falling asleep last night, but after this past summer and fall, making it nearly 7 days at home before starting to feel claustrophobic and anxious is really quite an accomplishment). Much of that has been due to the sheer number of people in town, coupled with the fact that it's been 6 years since I was home for any useful period of time over the holidays, so it's been fun seeing people for the first time in ages. I even ran into my best friend from first grade (she's engaged, of course), and a kid I used to play soccer with during elementary school.

Part of it is weird though...mostly because I'm trying to say goodbye, in a sense. I mean, there's no way to know, but chances are better than average that I won't be back, like this, again. No one else in the family really wanted to spend Christmas here, so we will most likely go back to doing the Grandparent thing, which is fine, and nice, and all...and eventually Mom and Dad will move...and I probably won't have the luxury of a week or more of vacation after this year...so I guess I'm just trying to suck it all up - spending days at home baking with Mom, afternoons like this at Taylor Books, nights drinking in friends' basements...and in between the nostalgia-riddled task of packing up my room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home