Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A puppy fix and a Jennings fix, all in one conveniently packaged evening! Because I suck, and my friends don't, and I'm too lazy to stick around and drive up to Pitts for New Years*, and it's been over a year, Jennings drove into Chas just for me tonight (only to turn around and drive back to Pitts for work tomorrow afternoon**). Like anything else, we started out feeling a little rusty at the whole best friends thing, but sure enough, two rum-and-cokes later and we were discussing things that matter and things that don't, with his little mutt Guinness curled up between us. I couldn't ask for much more...well, I s'pose I could ask for more time, but I'll take what I can get.

*for those keeping track of such things, this means I'll be headed south in time for new year's.

**this might be one of those reasons why his girlfriends never like me...which I can sort of understand...but I love the kid, and we're friends, and that's not going to change, but nevertheless, I am not a 'threat' or whatever lame thing they think I am, so it's time to get over it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like puppies

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home